Monday, September 1, 2008
Nike 10K Run
Finally, the long anticipated or rather dreaded day has arrived. Its finally 31/08/08, the day where the Nike Run has been scheduled on. Met up with Pam, Mel, Jason and Zam to have brunch at Subway before going to Wisma to repair Zam's phone. While waiting for Pei yu to reach, we decided to camwhore a bit as we were feeling rather bored.




After Pei yu arrived, we headed down to city hall to find the baggage counter as we were afraid that there would not be enough places to put our bags as there were only 5,000 spaces available at the baggage counter. Though the counter only opens at 1515, we decided to be the kiasu Singaporeans we are and just headed there early. Surprisingly, there wasnt that much people there yet but yup the weather look like it was threatening to rain...

The various colour tags that we signed up for:
Red for under 50 mins(Jason and Nizam)
*As a side note, both of them changed to the green tag as they felt rather embarrassed to wear the red tag as they were not confident of completing the race under the timeBlue for under 65 mins (Peiyu and Melissa)
Green for over 65 mins (Clarence and Pamela)

The Sisters Part I

The "Sisters" Part II

The Dudes

Suspicious characters mediating?



The ladies


Group Picture
And soon it was time to go... The running road was rather narrow at some places, thereby resulting in a mini human jam of sorts when some of the participants started walking. Was kinda irritating as we had to jog, stop, walk, jog, stop and ya so on.. Lost sight of Peiyu, Zam and the rest before the first water point as they were rather fast and I had to accompany Pam. Haha anyway if I were to follow their pace, I would not last for the entire 10 click loh haha.. Was supposed to meet up at the first water point but when we reached there, nobody was there, haha so much for meeting up at the first water point, oh well....
Ran into Florence, Isabelle, Kylie and Pamela Lee along the run too. Chit chatted a bit while running the run before we broke off into our individual comfortable speeds. But my gosh, they really can run la haha. The running route took us through the whole of Clarke Quay area and you really cant tell when the end is coming cause the running route looks so damn long. However, I had this rather weird sensation in my entire body while running. I felt kinda light, as if I could fly anytime.. Haha okie maybe that was a little bit exaggerated but you know what I mean... Stopping for a water break was a major killer for me, haha the moment I stopped, it was like the lactic acid were all settling into the muscles, making my limbs feel as if it weighed a damn ton...
Anyway, I completed the 10 click run in 1 hour and 24 mins. Felt rather accomplished that I could hit this timing, as I was expecting to complete the whole run in 1 hour and 30 mins. As I was about to enter the Nike Village, I saw Angeline there at the entrance. Lol and to think I was looking for her throughout the whole race as I heard from Wai Sian that she would be helping out at the event. Finally met up with all the rest after I searched through the entire throng of people in a sea of red. My my and when I asked their timings, they were like damn fast lahz!!! Nizam ran the 10k in 1 hour and 02 mins, Pei yu in 1 hour and 15 mins, the rest haha cant really rem but all around that timing one.. Saw Sarah and Lex there too!!



Still looking energetic after the run

The ladies with their "Certs"


Charlie's Angels?
After cooling down and relaxing for a while, Mel, Pam, Kylie, Zam, Jason and I left for Marina Square for dinner. Met up with Marcus, Kenny and Richard and ate at the food court and slacked at Mac's for a while. Even played the handiplas game which left the guys in pain (me being the exception... Haha Pumba thick skin or maybe Kenny didnt really hit me haha). Well thats the end of the day, rather fulfilling I would say haha maybe I can try for the 21k next time round? Will post more photos when Kylie sends the photos taken with her camera haha
Posted by Clarence at 8:30 AM