Wednesday, November 19, 2008

troubled

Worked for the Singtel Christmas fair with Richard, Alex, Kenny and Jason. The working hours were crazy but all went well. Started work on fri 0000hrs and went home only on sat 0330 hours, then had to reach the exhibition hall again at 0800hrs before ending at 1230 hours and coming for the last day at 0900hours. It was a rather interesting and fun experience as we get to see how an empty exhibition was set up in like 24 hours. Also, I got to know who are the ones you can trust for ensuring that the job gets done and how one reacts when one has insufficient sleep. The welfare was good too, all food and drinks were provided, hell I think I had 5 meals a day when I normally have 2 a day lahz... Sure as hell hoped I didnt put on weight, but I think I did. To conclude, I would not mind working on another job like this again!

Surprise for Clara's Birthday


Date: 12 Nov
Venue: Siloso Beach
Time: Undetermined

Went out early alone to do last minute shopping for Clara's present as there simply was not enough time to buy her present other than the M2 card that we got from Jian Hua. Headed down to Bugis as I though we would be able to get the Ariel Helium Balloon for her, but it was a futile attempt since the shops there apparently didnt sell it. Anyway, since time was still rather early, I walked around the whole of Parco searching for a suitable present but that elusive present seemed to be non-existent. The original plan was to get her some Ariel products from Watsons, however, it appeared that all the Ariel products had been sold out. Decided to try my luck at the Watsons store at Bugis, and wala, they were still selling the Ariel product, abeit there having like only a few bottles on the shelf. So, after some discussion with Pei yu, we decided to get the bottle straight away in addition to the other presents that we had Pei yu prepare.

Next, I headed down to Carrefour at PS to get the candles as I simply could not find any at the Cold Storage at Parco. After getting all the stuff that was required that night, I headed down to Vivocity to wait for Pei yu and Wini. At around 2100, we were already on our way to Sentosa. Pei yu left early to pick Clara up, while wini and I went about preparing the candles for a mini surprise for Clara. John came by later to help out. However, we ran into a few problems. Firstly, the wind was rather strong and it kept blowing out the candles. Secondly, the lighter that wini brought was running out of both gas and fuel (is that the correct term for it?). Thirdly, we tend to burn ourselves with the lighter when we tried to light the candles. And lastly, it looked like it was going to rain any moment. At first, we tried setting up the candles, but due to the strong wind and the slight drizzle, we decided to shift from Emrald Pavillion to Sapphire Pavillion. Had to collobrate with John to put up a convicing story as Clara knew that John would be meeting me to come to Sentosa, as I had lied to her that I would be late. So, when she called, I was kinda caught by surprise as I thought she knew I would be "late", and I was kinda like by the sea, so the sound of the waves were pretty obvious I should say. But thankfully, she thought it was the sounds of cars.

Anyway, after much sweat and running about, we finally got the candles burning just in time for her arrival. At first, when Pei yu and Zam were bringing her to the pavillion, Clara didnt realise us for who we were, she simply just thought that there was someone at the pavillion oready and that they had to look for another empty spot. It was only upon closer inspection, then she realised it was us. You should have seen the look on her face haha totally surprised lahz!!






The candles look damn nice lahz!!! haha and the words are quite clear!! Haha proud of the job!!



The Nutella Cake!!
They look like they are doing an advertisment for Pizza Hut. Maybe I should just submit the photo to Pizza Hut, haha Free advertisment lehz!!!
Clara with her Ariel Bottle and her present
After the tedious task of unwrapping all the newspapers, we present the M2 card and the Ariel Bottle!
A handmade card designed by our dear Pei yu. Its simple and nice!

Trying to read the message by candle light

Collage of photos once again designed by our dear Pei yuJohn and Nizam both trying to imitate the "Shanks eyes" ( For those who are clueless about what the term means, its the T-rex eyes from the land before time show. Apparently, I always tend to have that pair of eyes when I am sleepy or in a foul mood. And I have heard that I look kinda fierce and scary.... Man i wonder how I look like in a photo... )Comparing the number of mosquito bites that night

I guess I have been feeling really low these few days and nothing seems to be able to bring me out of this downtrodden stupor. I dunno, it seems like the whole world is painted in simply black and white and all the colours have simply vanished. That familiar feeling of lonliness has returned to haunt me again..

People that I have been close to once, are drifting away...
People who used to talk to me have shrinken away...

I wonder if its because of my actions or rather its my personality? Maybe deep down in their hearts,I am just simply detestable.. One question has been plaguing me for a long time, appearing constantly in dreams that seem to haunt me night after night relentlessly.

What is wrong with me?
What are the qualities that I am lacking?
Why do I have the feeling that you are avoiding me discreetly? (I hope I am imagineing this but...)

Thats all I need to know and want to know... Maybe, just maybe that will be the solution to the plague of troubling thoughts that have been haunting me...

Posted by Clarence at 6:36 AM