Monday, November 10, 2008

Ubin race and Sarah's 21st!

Whew!!! Finally all the exams are over and there is finally time to catch up on much needed sleep. The past few weeks had simply just been crazy, what with frentic revision and overnight studies with Wini and Pei yu, study sessions with Jason. Anyway, though the papers were rather difficult, I believe that all of us will scrap through it.

Went down for a last session of training, or rather warm-up, on friday 07/10/08 before the much anticipated, or rather dreaded, Round Ubin Marathon race on 09/10/08. Only Pei yu, Nizam, Kenneth, Jason and I were there to attend the training. We were to row 2 triangles around at the Kallang Basin. Although it was only like at most 8 click, I was like struggling to finish the 2 triangles. Dunno whether isst becuz I was too out of practise or I was just not that strong mentally to finish the rest of the rounds before fatigue overtook the body. As usual the rest of them were like damn fast lahz, haha but one funny thing happened during the training. While sprinting off at the start of the round, I collided with Nizam's canoe and caused him to turn a full 360 degrees. Didnt expect the effect to be so great and no it was unintentional, but well well at least he knows what to expect during the marathon haha.

Headed down to Cafe Oliv for Sarah's 21st birthday celebration after the training.
Those who were present at her Birthday Celebration!!





The food looks and tastes good!
The Birthday gal and the 2 pretty ladies





Designing the Guest book.
Haha I still can clearly remember what Jason wrote. "Thanks for instilling warmth in me... " Waha super funny lah can? hahaha
With our own personalised cards!!

Pre-race preparations




The day of the Round Ubin Race. Everyone was kinda nervous and high strung about the competition on that day as for most of us, it was the first competition that we were taking part in. It was quite an experience I should say. The forming up at the start line was chaotic as everyone struggled to find a good starting point while attempting to mantain the line between the 2 starting buoys. Well, the race was kinda fun though a bit tiring. Partnered with vincent for the T2 senior men's category and sadly we came in last due to a capsize.. Well guess will have to try harder the next time round. But the rest did well I should say. All of us came in top 8 positions! Jun Sheng clinched the 3rd place, Nizam the 5th and Lex the 6th place for the T1 Senior Men's Category. Pei yu and Jason clinched the 7th place out of 9 teams which can be said to be excellent, given that training was insufficient and that they were inexperienced too.






Went down to V8 cafe at Bugis Parco for dinner after the race for a mini celebration.Next, we all went to participate in the Subaru Challenge. Guess who was the last man or woman standing?


Okie, was just kidding. The actual Subaru Challenge participant is none other than Sarah. However, she had to withdraw from the competition due to her not feeling well. Try harder next time!! Haha maybe we can all join together next year

Posted by Clarence at 9:10 AM