Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Just another piece of my life
As pointed out by dear Sarah, Kylie and Nizam, I have not updated this blog for quite frankly a damn long time already. Well, just to appease this few blog stalkers, here goes nothing.
The time table for this sem is like totally horrible, unlike the timetable for all my previous sem where the timing was rather standard, I mean like who in the world attends classes at 1530 and end class at such an unearthly timing (okie, that was exaggerating..) like 1830? Come on man, its like thats the best time for an afternoon nap lah, if you get my drift... Anyway nth to be done about it.... Anyway, ever since school started, I have been at a loss as to what has been going on during the lectures as the lecturers started demostrating their expertise on the subject they were teaching, ie to say i did not understand anything at all! To make matters worse, the subjects taken this sem is like rather tough... Wonder if I will be able to cope and still achieve the grades that I managed to get for the previous 2 sems.... Zam, Pei yu and Clara kept dismissing my misgivings about me not doing well, but there is still this nagging doubt lying at the back of the head that I may not be able to do as well as I want to.... Oh well, time will tell I guess... No point worrying about it now ya?Yup, as some of you guys know, I have recently received an invitation from SIM to attend the SIM Job Fair Networking Session 2009. For those not in the know, its an event organised by the SIM Student Life and Services(SLS, yes it was formerly Student Care Services... I actually preferred the old one haha cause it was like shorter?) for students who have done well in their academic pursuits to meet recruiting personnel from some established organisations. Frankly, I was rather surprised to receive such an invitation as I wasn't aware that SIM also has such an event which was not like common knowledge. Although glad of the opportunity, it has also posed another problem for me... Now in order to survive the interviews that the different coys have been conducting, it means I have to go do individual research on the various coys available and to do up my resume which is like in tatters... Lol anyone has a resume that can bear up to professional scruntiny? Can lend me? haha would be eternally grateful! Anyway, for those who are still early in their degree stages in SIM, this would be a goal to work forward to and well good luck with it!!
Well as with regards to the Canoeing Club training, I must profess that I am still not able to keep up with the bulk of the guys and the ... gals (much as it pains me to say it!! Waha maybe all the gals in the clubs are guys!! Damn they can run lahz!!). Recently, in order to prepare for the MR500 race in march, the land training schedule was planned in such a way that we were trained in our endurance for short bursts of speed.Allow me to present you with a rough sketch of what was in store for almost every training:
1. Warm up run from SIM to Ngee Ann Poly
2. 400m warm up jog
3. 300m jog, 100m sprint
4. 20 push ups, 20 crunches, 20 blurpies, 20 jumping jacks and 20 dips
5. (200m jog, 200m sprint) x2
6. (20 push ups, 20 crunches, 20 blurpies, 20 jumping jacks and 20 dips) x2
7. 5 mins break8. (100m jog, 100m sprint) x 4
9. (20 push ups, 20 crunches, 20 blurpies, 20 jumping jacks and 20 dips) x2
10. 15 mins break
11. Fitness stations (3 sets): 10 pull ups, 30 incline sit ups, 30 dips and 30 logs
I wont say that the various static that we have to do are quite xiong, with the exception of blurpies, but the breathlessness after the sprints are the killers I think. Well, guess I need to build up even more of my endurance.Sea training was as per normal, but I wonder why I am unable to endure the 5oom sprint although I think I have a good starting.. Been training with resistors all these while and when the resistors were off, oh my gosh! Really can fly lehz!! hahaha. I only learnt recently from Nizam that I was to try out for the 500m T1 sprint and the 500m T2 sprint with Marcus. So during one training session, or rather the only training session with Marcus, we tried puttiing on 3 resistors -- 2 in front and 1 in the middle, and guess what happened? We got ourselves a motor canoe, though a very slow one at that... wahaha the reason why I say that is cause as we started to row, there was a funny sound that kept coming from our boat that sounded like a purr of a motor boat! Haha though named a motor boat, the existence of the 3 resistors actually slowed our 500m sprint timing by 50secs which is a lot lahz!!! And the worst thing is I actually have a mobilisation briefing on 28th March which is the exact date of the MR500 race... Damn it, to think that all the effort I put in for training is gg to waste... Hopefully, if I will be allowed to be excused for the mobilisation briefing so I can participate in the race... That is if I qualify for the damn time trails against speed demons like Jason, Nizam, Jun Sheng, Alex and Co..... Sighs...
Lol after all the complaints and ranting, I guess those reading this entry would be wondering when I will get on to the moments of fun that I had. Well here goes...
16 Feb 09Met up with my oldest friend, Wei peng for lunch at Aston's today and learnt that another primary school friend has gotten married again quietly... I wonder whose turn will be next... The food at Aston's was good and I definitely wont mind gg there again! Anyway, went shopping with her while she told me about married life and how each of us was coping in the different situations we were in... Just seeing her so happy in her marriage, makes me feel happy for her too! Hmm I wonder when will I get married?
30?
35?
40?
or never at all?
Well, I guess it depends on when the one comes along den haha
15 Feb 09Finally met up with my old classmates from SJI and man, I must say they have changed a lot... The plump has become slim, the fit has become fitter and oh wow... Went to Fisherman's wharf to have dinner and it was as good as everyone has been telling me!! Maybe Da Clique should organise a dinner expedition there soon? Anyway, it was great catching up with those old friends of mine, where we reminisce about the old, innocent days in SJI. Disturbing the teachers, the crazy things we did in class and out of class and catching up on what each of us is doing... We should meet again soon guys!!!
14 Feb 09
Valentine's Day


Me and Sarah
Gosh, What was I doing? Haha Eric is like so going to kill me!!

Me and Nizam, the buddy (Emo King No.2 after me!! Wahahaha)



Me and Kylie
Lol, looks like now 3 people will be having me on their hit list!!
Ahem, surprisingly she does look a bit lady like with the dress on hahaha




Drunkards Galore?
Finally time for Singleton's Night 2009! Met up with the Richard, Kenny and Alphonsus at Bugis MRT before heading to Shaw Towers to have dinner at this restaurant named Creation! The food is rather good and the dessert fabulous, the price is rather reasonable too! Just a bit on the warm side, man they should install some air conditioning!! Kylie and Sarah joined us while we in the midst of dinner, before we headed down to Boat Quay to meet Eric, Vincent and Nizam. Went to this KTV pub named "The Next Stop Pub", where we drank and sang and made merry..
On this occasion, I am proud to say that my alcohol tolerance has taken another step forward wahaha I didnt get drunk though I drank more than usual... Oh well...
13 Feb 09
Kang Hao's Birthday Celebration

12 Feb 09Finally, its the day where I can collect the dinner treat owed to me by my dear Ms Lee!! Met up with her after school and headed down to Marina Square for dinner at Yuki Yaki. Ran into Kelvin along the way and we learnt that he had opened a satay beehoon stall at the hawker centre opposite Great World City which was like how near his house lahz!! While over dinner, I learnt that she doesnt know how to cook for nuts!! Waha and there I was thinking maybe I could get her to cook for me.. Anyway, lets skip the not-so-important details and get back to the topic... Ate until damn full lahz and I must say that Yuki-Yaki is much better than Seoul Garden just that its not halal... Oh and she was so nice to even want to treat me to the ice cream buffet even though I was like kinda full to the brim (haha I think that is partly the reason why she say she want to treat me, cuz I wont be able to eat anymore!! HAha kidding!! I wont be surprised if one day u find me with a chopper sticking out of my back). By the time, we finished dinner, it was rather early so we decided to like walk around a bit and we landed in the arcade... Didnt really spend much of my childhood in the arcade, so didnt really noe how to play a lot of games and I looked like a sua gu lahz haha.... In the end, out of a lack of activities to do, we decided to catch a movie... Wanted to watch Underworld but it was kinda late, so we settled on The Curious Case of Benjamin Button instead... Quite a nice movie though a bit slow, but didnt catch the ending in the end as we had to rush otherwise sure miss the last train... Haha but at least I enjoyed myself today!! Thanks for the treat gal!! Looking forward to more treats!! Wahaha
4 & 5 Feb 09
In JB

Delicious Kway Chay
( Lol I just realised I dunno how to spell it!)



Emo King living up to his name?
Haha no lah, the actual reason was cause I was having diarrohea and was damn uncomfortable

My 2 disgrunted "pillars of strength" haha

Princesses
They never fail to take a picture when the tiaras are present

The losing team in the football challenge


Cute Mian Bao Chao Ren!


At Secret Recipe where the cakes are HALF PRICED!!! Yummy!

Guess the reason for the different looks
-
-
-
-
-
-
Well here goes:
Unripe banana, Ripe banana and Rotten banana in chronoical order

Baskin Robbins
Once again, I missed out on the treat due to the delicate condition of my stomach


Bewarned!!! The following picture is not for the faint hearted!!

Lollipop Fiend on the loose !!
& damn Nizam is scary!! Looks like he gana possessed or something


Yup, I am carrying my TRIUMPH lingere around

Okie, there is a reason behind this pic! Both Clara and Jian Hua wanted to eat fries, so they went hunting in the supermarket for fries and they stumbled on a pack of fries that were quite cheap and so added it to the cart. Only to realise the reason it was that cheap was cuz it was TAPOICA FRIES!!! Haha WWII food sia!!

The Steam Boat
The YAYA Couple
The BEST FRIEND Couple
The FUNNY Couple
The REAL Couple
Having our favourite Maggie Mee Goreng is a must whenever we enter JB!!
2 Feb 09
Wakeboarding





Me and Michelle

Me and Tina




Finally, got an opportunity to wakeboard again!! Been wanting to wakeboard ever since the first time, I learnt how to get on a wakeboard with Pei yu.. Met Alex, Marcus, Johnny, Vincent, Vivian, Melissa, Tina and Michelle at the Punggol Marina Country Club for our wakeboarding session. All of them were rather fast learners with the exception of the 2 pros (Johnny and Vivian) and the 2 of wakeboard before (Melissa and myself), being able to stand within the day!
Thoroughly enjoyed myself throughout the whole session but it cost me $75 bucks!!! haha well, guess we should go another time again when our wallets are more healthy!!
Posted by Clarence at 9:10 AM