Friday, January 9, 2009

Recollections 2008

Its been quite some time since i updated my blog.. Well, its is due in fact to my laziness!! Haha damn lazy to upload so many photos which I can only upload it 5 at a time... Lol I think there is a way to upload more than 5 but till now I still have not figured out how it works.. Maybe someone will enlighten me or hopefully offer to do it for me? Wahaha... Okie, I'm dreaming... Anyway, guess I will upload the photos in another post when I am in the mood for it..

Okie, lets start back in December. My, my, that's like almost a month ago!!! Time really flies... Anyway, here goes. December has been quite a happening month, with plenty of outings and stuff. The only sucky part about December was that I was not able to find any work despite calling up several job agencies... Makes one wonder about the effeciency of these job agencies.. But den again I am at fault in part as there was only one month available for me to work before school started again. As a result, I am kinda broke at the moment and the economic downturn is not really helping...
Okie, back to the topic. Anyway went to Malaysia twice this December itself. Once to Pengarang, where the canoeists and I cycled and ate seafood, with many nice pictures to show. Another, just to Nizam's JB house to chill.

Allow me to begin with the Malaysia trip to Nizam's house for BBQ.
Met at Kranji with the canoeists who were going, namely, Pei yu, Pamela Goh, Jason, Kylie, Pamela Lee, Agnes, Christine, Michelle, Ken, Jun Sheng, Stephanie, Johnny, Marcus, Richard and Nizam. Did some shopping at City Square first before heading down to Nizam's house for the BBQ. Before going to the grocery store at this condo which was near his house, we went for a walk and ended up at the playground which was situated in front of a beautiful lake. The view was simply amazing. Well, anyway we managed to finish all the BBQ food which was frankly surprising!! Credits of course to Agnes who finished the most I think? HAhaha It was only ager the BBQ when Sarah joined us. Haha didnt noe how she found her way to Nizam's house but well she did. Well, anyway then it was time for the start of our horror movie marathon. Its kinda funny watching them watch the horror movies. Well, then as time passed, one by one, each of us fell asleep with the first causalty being Stephanie or was it Nizam? Haha forgive my sketchy memory, its been a rather long time back oready. Most of them left the next day as they either had work or other commitments. The rest of us continued with shopping at Jusco for another day before heading back home the day after.


16 August
The date of the AGM. After much preparation and deliberation, D-day has finally arrived. The SIM Canoeing Club which me, Pei yu, Nizam, Pam and Jun Sheng painstakingly set up is finally one year old!! However, the birthday celebration brings with it a tinge of sadness for me and Pei yu as this meant that we had to step down from our post as President and Vice-president respectively. Went down early to set up the Lt with the help of Nizam, Jason, Mel, Kh, Jun Sheng and Ken. When everything was done and set up, those waiting outside were asked to change into their xmas characters before they were allowed to enter the LT. Thus, we had Santa Claus, Santarina, Jesus, plenty of Rudoplhs, 2 crazy CHIJ gals and some humans as my audience. Managed to kick off the whole AGM at around 1930 which was rather behind schedule as most of them were late, but then again no one was ever early for such events. Well, so began my speech whereby I addressed the agenda of the year and my step down speech. There was a need to drag my speech as Pei yu was not here yet due to OT at work. It was a rather emotional moment for me as I struggled to convey my thanks and my message as a whole to the audience. Thank god, I managed to get a hold of myself while delivering the speech as a whole. So, we carried on with the introduction of the new ex-cos and their individual speech before it was Pei yu's turn to give her speech. Due to the intense emotional moment, she broke down and had to be hustled to a corner to regain her composure with me, Pam and nizam trying to comfort her. After her speech, we were treated to some videos that Mel and Jun Sheng had made which I must say was rather nice. Anyway, enjoyed Nizam's father's cooking before we began the Xmas exchange. Received a packet of Condoms and mint sweets as my xmas exchange which in the end I gave to Jason. Hopefully, it has been put to good use hahahaha. I think he's gg to murder me when he sees this. Lol, anyway headed down to Timbre for a drink and chilling out before we headed home.



21 December
Stayed overnight at Nizam's house the night before as I had to drive his brother's in- law car to pick up the catering stuff from Pei yu house. Headed down to Tampines, where we met up with Kylie, Pam, Jason, Alvin, Ronnie and Dylan. Thereafter headed down to Changi Village for breakfast and met up with the rest, namely, Marcus, Richard, Vincent and Mel. Had to wait for around an hour or 2 before there was a bumboat available to send us to Pengarang. Yes, you heard me right an hour or 2 waiting time. It was like a very long wait lahz haha and most of us were not very happy about it but well nothing to be done about it. Anyway, the boat ride was FUN, FUN, FUN! though a few of us did get "boat sick"(coined by Pamela, Lol the correct term is sea sick as most of you know). After reaching our destination, we had to go find our accomodation as we were unable to book lodgings before hand. Managed to book 3 rooms of a hostel which were kinda squeezy with so many, as the gals insisted to have their own room. Anyway, after getting the rooms and depositing our luggage, we proceeded on our cycling trip as planned with the beach as our final destination. Wonderful pictures were taken along the way, which I will post up hopefully in my next entry. When we arrived at the beach, we were kinda amazed lah cuz it was like rather clean and the waves quite big which spelled FUN! Later in the evening, we had a scrumptious seafood meal which was damn cheap lah.. forgot the cost but really damn cheap. As usual, alcohol was a must and thus we went searching for it and found out that one bottle actually only costs $27 ringgit... Dirt cheap man!! So we spent the night drinking and just relaxing till the next morning. Nizam, Richard, Jason, Kylie, Pamela and I left early to catch the bus to Larkin where we would take a cab to Nizam's house, while the rest stayed till the afternoon before catchin the ferry back to Singapore. Anyway, we spent the rest of the day shopping and ya eating till the next day where we headed back to Singapore.
23 December
Malvin's big day! He's finally 21 years old. Anyway, went down to town to shop for hats with Cheng Hui as his birthday theme was hats. Had hell of a fun time choosing hats, what with baby hats, fireman hats, pirates and stuff... In the end, we got for Cheng Hui a baby hat which was rather cute. Soon after we headed down to Yishun Sapphire to set up the function room for his birthday celebration. After Nizam's dad came with the food, the party offically started. Not much of a party I would say, rather its more of a celebration.. Ahh ya thats the correct word to use. Ate plenty of food and had some drinks. After everything was done and it was time to go, we had to pack up everything and I squeezed with Kylie, Kenny, Alan and Zhi ling to Da Wei's car to get home. Then, Pam Lee and Jason came and we played mahjong till the next day.
25December Went down to East Coast Food Centre to meet up with the canoeist for supper and Xmas celebrations. The people present were Pei yu, Marcus, Mel, Kenny, Vincent, Richard, Jason, Pam Lee, Eric, Sarah, Florence and Alex. HAd supper at Alex's father seafood stall and I must say the food was rather good and at a reasonable price. After supper, it was time for the count down and there went all the party poppers and all the horn blarings. Well anyway, after all the food was eaten, we had a mini spray fight, which I ended up being sprayed all over, some even went into my mouth. A nasty taste I must say... At around 3 or 4 plus, we split and most went to Florence's friend house to play WII while Pei yu, Marcus and me went to Sarah's house to play mahjong before heading home again.
31December
Was suppose to meet the canoeists, namely Pei yu, Nizam, Vincent, Eric, Richard, Kevin, Jason, Pam Lee at Vivo. However, as I had a family BBQ which I could not extradict myself till later, I met up with Kylie and was kinda shocked to see that we had to queue for taking the escalator. I mean I was expecting to queue to take the monorail but to queue to take an escalator was simply crazy!! So we decided to walk in to Sentosa but we had to kinda like rush as we only had about 20 -3o minutes to reach the place before midnight. U can imagine how rush we were and Kylie was wearing heels and a dress somemore. Managed to reach palawan beach just in time for the countdown. Had a few drinks and plenty of photoshoots throughout the night with some fun. It was also the night where Pam destroyed my newly bought sunglasses!! Sad lah but well I have already received another one from her so haha YEA!! Anyway, I went off alone twice during the night to listen to the sea as I was feeling kinda bored and well a bit low. Dun ask me why, I have no idea oso but the churning of the waves upon the breakwater was a lovely way to soothe my nerves and to calm me down. Anyway, Pei yu, Kylie, Nizam and I stayed till around 0900 in the morning before we departed for dim sum. Actually wanted to eat Yum Cha, but since it was not halal, we went to Maxwell market instead. After that, we headed to Causeway Point to watch 7 pounds. The story line was quite nice but a bit confusing in the beginning and rather draggy which resulted in me and Pei yu falling asleep at some parts of the show. After that we headed home to catch our most needed rest.



Well, although the new year has come and gone, I guess there is still time to decide on 2009's resolutions and attempt to stick to it.. Let's see... 1. To move on 2. To go on a Grad Trip with friends 3. To get good results 4. To lose weight Well, I guess this 4 will do for now.. Hopefully, I will be able to realise all of these....

I am glad that things are getting better between the two of us already. Well, at least we are on talking terms now and not as awkward as last time. Hopefully thing will get even better and we will be as close as before. Hopefully, its not just wishful thinking on my part that she wants the friendship back as much as I do...

Posted by Clarence at 7:40 AM