Saturday, April 4, 2009
28/03/09 MR500 raceWoke up early to prepare myself to head to camp to attend a compulsory mob brief. Had to dress in smart 4 attire which was kinda troublesome as I had to rush down to Bedok reservoir later to participate in the event that I was slotted for. And so, spent around 3 hours for the brief before hitching a ride in Charlton's car to Bedok reservoir. Felt kinda weird to be the only one in army fatigues walking around the place when everyone else was in their sporting attire.. Anyway spotted the guys soon enough... Changed out of my attire and provided moral support while waiting for my event... All of the compeitiors gave all their best and thats all that matters! Good Race I should say, seeing that everyone improved in their timings... Let's aim for the next race!!
Yummy Food Brought by Stephanie!!


29/03/09 Post MR500
Met up with the rest at Bedok reservoir in order to move the boats back to Paddler's Gateway. Then after a long wait, it was time to head to Swensen at Changi Airport T3 for a celebration dinner!! So let the pictures doing the talking....




Notice the words on the shirt... How appropirate and concidental haha




03/04/09 April's Babies CelebrationWas on the way to school when I received this sms from yi rong. "... Today's class is at 1515 at Lt1.03..."... The time then was like around 1315... Initial class timing was at 1400.... and so I was stuck in school for about 75 mins waiting for the class to start... The only thing that I could not understand was why the coordinator did not inform us of the class timing change since she was present in the test venue as well... Well, what's done is done I guess... Anyway headed down to Fish & Co. glass house where the rest of the canoeists were waiting there to celebrate the April Babies B'dae...






















Headed down to Selegie Tau Huay for dessert after that.. If you want to know the reason why nizam keeps calling me a ladies man, I'm sure the picture below will provide you with some clues as to why this is the case... But seriously speaking, I think he is the ladies man, not me... Haha


Went to Sarah's house after dessert. Waited for Sarah and Eric to pick Pei yu up at the MRT station before going up to her house.










Played the King's game, whereby the person who draws the King gets to command any 2 other numbers to do whatever he wants. Apparently, you can see from Pei yu's and Sarah's photo below how hilarious the forfeits were and how utterly embarrassing it must be.... Haha shall not post any photos of what transpired there here though...


The next day, when I reached home and saw the present that the canoeists gave me, I was really touched... Given the current circumstances that I was in, I should say that it was a really much needed and appreciated gift! Thank you canoeists!! Love you guys to the max!!
06/04/09 ThoughtsBeen kinda under a lot of pressure lately. Just to name a few:
1. The need to perform in my studies
2. The need to find a job before graduation
3. The need to plan the Australian Grad trip so that everything runs smoothly
I tried to study today but it was kinda a futile effort... The moment I opened page 1 of the notes, my eyes started to droop and sure enough I fell asleep soon after... I wonder why I am lacking the motivation to study although I know there is an extremely desperate need to put in utmost efforts into preparing for the exams, given that the modules are difficult and that I would need to self teach myself for at least 2 modules, namely Investment and Intro to Futures and Options.. Maybe I just need someone to study with me... Or maybe I just need... Nvm...
As the final exam dates loom nearer and nearer, the terrifying prospect of seeking a job also seems to become larger and larger... If I knew what kind of job I wanted, this would not be so bad at all. But given the fact that I am still on an uncertain foot as to which path I wanted to go, the need to find a job is increasingly becoming a burden for me... I need some advice, some light to show me the way...
Something happened a few days back that really got me hopping mad... It went something like this... Was on the way home from school with another friend of mine, let's call him J. J was like one of the more hardworking and smart ones in class, just for your info, and so I was like telling him that this sem's modules were very hard and that I could not understand what was going on in class and while studying myself... And the first thing he said was... Dun go for your canoeing trainings lah, go so early in the morning den make yourself tired in class, den dun understand anything... I was like quite taken aback by his outburst as I wasnt expecting that from him... He went on further to comment that we should not be so committed to canoeing since we have already stepped down from our various positions... Was kinda irritated by his insensitivity and his stubborness as he insisted that it was due to canoeing that I have kinda neglected my studies this semster... But, this was like so obviously not the case lahz... I can show him my results for the past 2 sems to prove it, and that was the period whereby I was more involved with the sport... Geez... Some people just dun have the innate sensitivity when speaking on certain topics... They just go full blast without considering the feelings of others... I wonder what his EQ is like.... Judging from my EQ quiz level, maybe his lower than mine? But I was really quite disheartened when he said that lah.... Well, I will definitely prove him wrong even if its going to be a tough journey ahead...
Posted by Clarence at 7:58 PM