Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Hmm its been a real long time since I have updated the blog... Been wanting to upload all the aussie pics but it has been a real hassle with that many photos to upload and not knowing which to choose, therefore I have been putting it on hold for the moment..
29/07/09
Okie, so 3 days after the Aussie trip, I had to book into Jurong Camp II despite the want to self quarrantine myself.. More of my platoon mates were back this time round compared to the previous ICT... Shan Jing , Chuan wee, Stanley, Zheng yong, Charlton, Xiang Wei, Zheng Hui, Law, Yy and Tao-ze... It was a high key ICT this time round, which means being stuck in camp for 2 weeks!!! The only rather tiring thing about ICT this time round was that we had to keep moving ammo boxes for the exercise which each weighs about 23kg, but other than that it was a rather fun one (though I would rather be out)... We even got to sit on a chinhook which is something not everyone will get to do and I must say it was a rather exciting experience, though I am not looking forward to having to sling all the loads in preparation for the exercise...
Anyway, I was sincerely looking forward to being able to row on the 11th when I booked out but in the end, the training was postponed to the 12th due to many people being unable to make it... Rather disappointed at that but there was nothing to be done and I had already made an appointment with the 6SIR guys...
11/07/09
Drove Mal and Winnie down to the Singapore Art Museum, so that they can set up their flea market stall in my uncle's van and I must say that I didn't stall at all throughout the whole journey... Haha this was much better than that time I drove Nizam's bro Subahru... I still rem stalling 21 times haha... Anyway, while setting up the stalls, it looked like it was on the verge of raining, so we had to move all the clothes indoors along the corridors which was easier said than done as there was so many people there setting up their stores too!!! After setting up the store, headed down to Hotel Excelssior with Shan Jing and Chuan Wee to meet up with the rest of my 745 Guards platoon mates for dinner. It was like a chinese buffet but al-carte style at a price of $30 but the food wasnt that nice though the quantity was really a lot.. Went back to the flea market to help Mal and Winnie out after dinner... Left the place at around 0200 after everyone had left the place...
12/07/09
Met Shan Jing and Chuan wee to play tennis at NUS where I was given some lessons on how to actually hit the ball haha though I still had a wide zone of fire, given that I was not used to controlling where the ball went but still it went well... I actually took tennis lessons when I was rather young but had given up halfway... Lol but yeah I must admit, it was fun though super tiring, cuz you had to run around to TRY hit the balls and the sorching sun wasnt of much help either...
Headed down together to City hall to meet the rest of the 6 SIR guys - Kelvin, Shih Ming, Siew Jun, Seetoh, Xiang Wei and Charlton, whereby we went to Marina Square's Diao Xiao Er for lunch. The lunch was rather good though a tad ex... Did some catching up and I was surprised to learned that Kelvin had started an advertising company for table top advertising while the rest were either still studying or currently looking for a job without much luck apparently. Anyway, out of lack of an activity to do, we headed down to Parklane to play Left 4 Dead (L4D). Got rather hooked to the game though it was my first time playing it since it required plenty of team work and involved lots of fun... Haha anybody wants to play L4D? haha Then, it was to my house for the long anticipated Mahjong session!! Man, how I missed Mahjong in Aussie!!!
13/07/09
Headed down to UOB for my first interview and mine, I must say that I was quite nervous! Woefully unprepared and unsure, I attended the interview which took about say 15mins? After that headed down to Suki Sushi to meet up with Pam, Wini and Py for sushi buffet where we stuffed ourselves full... There... Sushi Craving satisfied!!!
15/07/09
Headed down for land training in SIM and I was quite astounded by the number of freshies who actually came for training... Much needed new blood I should say.... Anyway, though the training wasnt as tough as it was last time, I had difficulties keeping up with the rest... I was like panting like a dog after running for so short a distance and time... My fitness level has really deteroriated and in order to be able to keep up with the rest, I guess its time for me to do some self training at home... Hope I will be able to discipline myself when it comes to doing it though, haha my laziness tends to show at such times....
18~19/07/09
Went down to MacRitchie on both days to support the 2 SIM rowers Bill and Jori in the AUCC (Asian Universities Canoeing Championships). Was expecting to see plenty of other country's universities but all we saw were Japan, Korea and Thailand... Well plenty of hunks and babes for both the girls and guys to see haha... I am also proud to announce that Jori came in 3rd for the K1 250m sprint and that Jori and Bill came in 3rd for the 1km K2 sprint race! Congrats Guys and keep up the good work!!!
Meanwhile, I am still looking for a job though without much success... Wonder if the problem lies with the resume or some other stuff.... Anyway, I may be getting a temp job in the mean time as my previous boss requires some help and he was gracious enough to allow me to say that I may take time off to attend interviews and leave for the new job that I had successfully applied for if needed... Now, the only worry is when will I need to go back to the office to help out...
I do not know where the problem lies now... It was once normal and now again, the distance is being kept again... When will this end and will things ever return to how it was before again? I sincerely hope so but I know it is a futile effort.... But I will continue trying to rebuild the friendship as before... How it turns out, I guess lies in the mysterious hands of destiny....
Posted by Clarence at 10:48 AM