And so, the 2nd Orientation Camp for the Canoeing Club has reached its conclusion.. Though its focus was more on training, ie. the trying out of the T-boats and K-boats, I found myself having as much fun as the previous orientation camp, if not more!! To top it off, we even got to go on a mini expedition to the Singapore River while picking rubbish along the way.. Kudos to the organising committee but as always, theres always more room for improvement! I hope the next year's ex-co will do an even better job...
Aside from the camp which took my confused mind off some matters for a while, it has now returned with a vengence.... Stress at not being able to get a job coupled with an extremely tight budget has not been making things easier for me... Throw in a few more problems that involve friends and things that I care about, it has been more than a volatile mix of sleepless nights and plenty of migranes... Problems which have brewing since a long time ago still finds no solutions in its wake... It simply pains me to see such an undesirable event unfurling its nasty snout, yet there is nothing that I can do to resolve the situation... I'm simply reminded of however insignificant a role is, if not performed to satisfaction, the consequences will inevitably be seen in the near future..
Not Meant To Be by Theory of A Deadman
It's never enough to say I'm sorry It's never enough to say I care But I'm caught between what you Wanted from me, and knowing If I give that to ya I might just disappear.
Nobody wins when everyone's losing
Oh, it's like
One step forward and two steps back No matter what I do you're always mad And I can't change your mind,
Oh, it's like
Trying to turn around on a one way street I can't give you what you want And it's killing me and I, I'm starting to see Maybe we're not meant to be
It's never enough to say I love you No, it's never enough to say I try It's hard to believe that's there's No way out for you and me And it seems to be, The story of our life
Nobody wins when everyone's losing
It's like one step forward and two steps back No matter what I do you're always mad And I can't change your mind, oh
It's like trying to turn around on a One way street. I can't give You what you want and it's killing me And I, I'm starting to see That maybe we're not meant to be
There's still time to turn this around Should we be building this up Instead of tearing it down But I keep thinking Maybe it's too late.
It's like one step forward And two steps back, No matter what I do You're always mad And I, can't change your mind, oh
It's like tryin to turn around On a one way street I can't give you what you want And it's killing me and I, I finally see, Baby that we're not meant to be
It's like one step forward, And two steps back, No matter what I do You're always mad, And I, Baby I'm sorry to see, Maybe that we're not meant to be
This song somehow resonates with what I have been feeling for quite some time already.. And since I thought it being rather nice to hear and well suited to some's thoughts, I thought I should share it with you guys out there... I particularly agreed with and loved some of the lyrics...
Hoping that the impending storm blows over soon...
Posted by Clarence at 8:53 AM
About Me
Name: Clarence Foo
Alias: Pumba
Horoscope: Taurus
DOB: 28 Apr 1985
Occupation: Student
Loves: Canoeing, Clubbing(Mambo), Reading, The Big Blue Sea, Travelling
WishList
- To lose more weight
- A SLR Camera
- A trip around Europe
- A new laptop/PC
- A new wallet
- Itouch / Iphone
- A car
- The one