Saturday, August 22, 2009

Okie so today was like any typical saturdays... Except

1. I was late for training due to me, being too tired, to hear the damn alarm
2. Its my first time giving tuition to a kid

Anyway, was rather pleased and surprised to see quite a large number of attendees for the sea training.. The numbers were so big that we were faced with the problem of equipment shortages... I wonder what would happen if Ngee Ann were to not lend us their equipments any more... or when the training shifts to MacRitchie as it will soon happen (I think).. It also has been quite some time since we rowed a small triangle which consists of the Meredka Bridge to the Sheares Bridge, then to the Bridge behind the Suspension Bridge and ending at the Meredka Bridge.. Rather refreshing and tiring I must say but I managed to finish 1 triangle in 30 mins which is a remarkable improvement from the 45mins in the past... Pei yu was just like 3 mins behind me with Xin yu which i believe was also a vast improvement from the past...

Tried rowing the K2 with Pei yu, with both of us wearing the EFX, and behold... It really WORKS!! Its the first time that we actually felt so stable although I could still feel my body trembling while in the boat... Pretty amazing how a small piece of metal can affect the balance of one!! Anyway, Jori was down today with us and we took the opportunity to ask him for his advice on how to improve our strokes and wala, he only took one look to tell us where we needed to improve on... I just hope I remember what he said and how to do it, though I must admit I still am not really comfortable with the kicking of the boat.. But, to improve, change is a must ya?

Rushed down to tuititon at Signature Park with Kevin and Lex, who were heading the same way. Rather nervous about my first tuition session with the my student as it was my maiden experience teaching tuition and I was afraid I was unable to handle the student... I was kinda afraid of how to interact with her and whether she would be able to understand what I needed to convey with her.. And after the 2 hrs of tuition, I managed to scrap through intact though I felt that she could not really pay attention and understand me.. Maybe, cuz either her command of english was not really strong and she had difficulties grasping what i tried to convey in the different examples I gave her... Sigh, I hope this works out better tomorrow... With the start of this tuition kid, although I appreciate the extra income, I am now laden with so many inconveniences now on both Sat and Sun... Now I have to rush down for tuition after Sat training and not be able to join the canoeists for lunch as I used to do and now on Sun, I dun even noe if I am able to join the DB training... And so there effectively goes my Sat and Sun... Bravo... Tried to arrange for weekdays, but she's also jam packed during the weekdays with english tuition almost every other days... Well, opportunity cost I guess....

Met up with Mel and had dinner at Causeway Point as she had tuition at Admiralty at 1930 and caught up with her for quite a bit about the recent happenings before heading home to prepare for what I needed to teach my tuition kid tomorrow... Yup yup and that about concludes my day for today...

Hope tomorrow's job fair will turn out productive though...

Its ironical how the one thing that brings us closer is also the one outcome that none of us desires...

Posted by Clarence at 9:46 AM