Monday, October 19, 2009
16.10.09 First day of workMy first day of work wasnt too bad.. MH, the vp of my team, treated me to lunch with the rest of the ladies.. Was introduced to the numerous colleagues and I instantly forgot who was who... There was simply too many to remember! Anyway, didnt do much as they were rushing to meet the dateline of today, which meant there wasnt much time to teach me anything yet... Well, the work came in at the later half of the day, whereby I was to check the cost grids with the check list.. Well, left work at around 7 and it was only the first day, i wonder what will it be like in days to come.... Anyway, received news that the canoe locker at Kallang was broken into and that several of them lost them hps, wallets, bags etc.. Apparently, some fu**** broke the latch and stole the stuff while they were down rowing.. Gosh, I really didnt expect such a thing to happen sia... Zzz, now I wonder where can we store our valuables the next time we attend a training session...
17.10.09 Canoe Training + Yum Cha + B&J + MovieTraining started later than usual due to the break in the day before.. Headed down at 10 but only started at 11 as we had to clear an ant infestation of the locker while settling where the valuables could be stored. Anyway, today was the time trial for the Ubin race. Well cant say i did very well that day in the T1, I managed to clock 2 triangles which equates to roughly 8.8km in about 1hr 3mins 39secs, which was rather slow... Alex and Marcus came in at about 56mins in the T2; Pei yu and Mel came in at about 58mins... I dunno if I can go any faster than my current timing cuz it felt like I had given my all but I still feel that maybe I could still improve on the timing... Sighz... This timing is not going to win me anything in the Ubin race that's for sure!! Grrr.... nothing to be done about it I suppose..
Met Wen yi and went to Yum cha for dim sum! Rather good I suppose, I have been craving it for since forever... Haha but it would have been much better if there were more people haha the variety would have been much much larger... Anyway headed down to B&J at raffles city for the ice cream. Simply delicious!! Thanks Ginni for the discount!! haha

Headed down to PS to catch "The Hurt Locker" after that. The movie was too bad, the excitement was there, the action was there... overall, I would rate the movie 3.5/5. But, I guess it gave me an insight into the mentality and the tension that the US troops are facing in Iraq...
Just learnt that a close friend of mine had lost her grandma... Well stay strong ya... And as I told you before, do feel free to talk to me if you need a listening ear or find me if u need any help...
Posted by Clarence at 6:41 AM