Saturday, October 24, 2009

24.10.09 The Human Race - Nike Run

24.10.09 The Human Race
Woke up early at 0455 today, so that I could catch the first train together with Wan ping, her friend and Kamarul. But due to the 2 guys being late, our plans were relegated to the back shelf and we took a cab at 0555 instead as we were running a little late since the flag off the race was at 0700 and we were supposed to meet the rest at 0615... Anyway, the reason as to why I wanted to meet them first to catch the first train was there and then ruined... haha I didnt want to spend money on the cab fare but oh well... life doesnt exactly always goes the way u intended...


Anyway, met up with the rest outside the 7-11 at the flyer there and sat there waiting for the rest to arrive be4 all headed to the baggage deposit counter. Thereafter we joined the swirling sea of human red and once again waited at the tentage for the rest of the lost flock of sheep who had to heed mother nature's call... And soon the run started... Plenty of craziness and fun along the way till my both my legs cramped up... Was helped to the finishing line by the rest of the team whereby I got to sit in a wheel chair while a paramedic attended to my legs... Couldnt really walk properly after that due to the tension in the calf...

Had lunch at MS before catching the movie '500 days of summer'. At first I tot the summer was referring to the season, little did I know that it was actually a person's name... Hmm slept through 1/3 of the show... Maybe its not the kind of show one should watch after a 10click run haha tats all i can say abt it hahaha



Ran into Shan Jing at the race




Walk with Eric!Happy Birthday Crystal!


Yea, as the sign above says Pump it... So we Pumped it! haha


Yup my first time in a wheel chair and hopefully my last haha


As the rule of gravity dictates: What goes up must eventually come down..

I'm currently riding on the crest of the wave,

I wonder when will the wave come crashing down..

And if so am I prepared to deal with the consequences?

As Jori said:

"Riding the wake is an essential component of a marathon,

reason being one saves strength while riding upon others effort."

I need to ride the wake, but I just cant seem to grasp the essence behind it...

Posted by Clarence at 6:54 AM