Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thoughts

Long lost sensations after the training:

1) Shortness of breath
2) Aching muscles
3) Jelly legs
4) The bonding

As it is, I have been unable to attend the weekly land trainings for too long... Much too long... Deterioration in stamina is but only the tip of the iceberg, not to mention the loss in strength and endurance and not knowing the rest of the other team mates well (Esp the freshies).. One can see the strong bonds that have already been forged through training between the club and one can only peek thr the tiny view port and only hope to be able to assimilate with them... but its a tough journey, since there's not much interaction time. Well, that's one of the drawbacks of working I suppose? Well nothing to be done about it but I do so so so wish that I would be able to join the team for land training... Well wishes are but wishes...

Been training for the past 3 days that I was work free... Didnt complete what I set out to do as mentioned in the previous post though... Well, discuss with Js & S today that due to the shortage of equipment, the club could only send 5 T1's out of 6 T1's rowers. THe list being Travis, Zam, Sarah, Jason, Myself and Kang hao... I decided to offer up my participation in the race so as to allow Kang Hao who has been with the club for very long to be able to take part at least 1 competition before graduation. After all, he has improved tremendously, from being far behind the rest of us to catching up with me... Though I really wanted to join the Ubin Race, I still felt that I should probably give others a chance since my timing was that fantastic actually...

Training is good but over training isnt... Been seeing it happen for the past 2 yrs, whereby there are people who overtrain just to get their mind off matters close to the heart and there within causing undue injury to oneself. Was actually quite frustrated why people would react this way in total disregard for their health and the wastage of advice given... But well, I guess everybody has their way of doing things...

Well, putting aside those thoughts, I'm really looking forward to the sushi buffet at Iroudi Restaurant tml!! Yum yum, Sashmi here I come!!!

Nervousness
Excitement
Anxiety
An entire bundle of feelings mixed into one
The choice of participating in the race
The unpreparedness for the race
The start of a new job
The budding of a new r/s
The expectations
The confusion abt the drifting friendship

Posted by Clarence at 9:25 AM