Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Its been quite some time since I updated this blog and frankly speaking though I would love to update my thoughts and pen it down from time to time... I find it hard to start when I finally get myself to stop procrastinating... I suppose I will take that as a good sign since words tend to ooze easily out of me when I'm not exactly in a happy, emotionally friendly mood.... Haha ya the wonders of love right? Anyway, a brief recap of what major events transpired in the 1st few weeks of the year of the Tiger 2010...

02.o1.1o 2nd Canoe AGM
Theme for this year was Cartoon Characters and I must admit it isnt an exactly easy theme to begin with..

A list of the characters that turned up:
1. Belle - Peiyu
2. Hulk - Kenny
3. GI Joe - Jason
4. Mr Bean - Jun Sheng
5. Kakashi - Alex
6. Patrick - Marcus
7. Smurfs - Henry, Melissa
8. Pebbles - Ginni, Serene
9. Clark Kent - Kang Hao

A rather touching handing over ceremony, what with JS's moving speech and the introduction of the new ex-co. Nizam finally presented his video masterpiece which he had been working secertly on for the past year and well it did turn out well! All in all, the entire duration took around half an hour or so... Good Job kiddo!!

08.01.10 - 10.01.10 Canoe Training Camp
Alrighty, so I attended the first Canoe Training Camp in my entire stint as a canoeist.. I have to admit that I'm really getting out of shape, not that I was in any form of a shape to start with ( and yes, I know round is a shape)... Though the statics werent too tough, I still was unable to endure the sheer intensity of it... Not to say rowing, I think my endurance has really plummented... And I think the run to Bukit Timah Hill (My first run up there) really did me in... I swear I never imagine one could run up that damn steep slope.... Still I'm pretty impressed by those that managed to make it up the hill(and thats most of them!!)

Looks like I got a long long long way to train for if I am to catch up with even the slowest and weakest of them... Sigh... How I reminsice for those times when my fitness was up there... Shucks... I miss those times when there were only the few of us who pushed each other to their limits (Though mine was of a lower standard ha)...

17.01.10 Singapore Canoe Marathon
Was actually hoping to take part in this year's SCM, but I think my endurance wasnt there and my timing just could not make it... The juniors were so much faster and I feel both upset yet glad at the same time... This year, the club managed to clinch more medals than the previous year... New rowers, Ginni and Crystal clinched medals in their first race which was a commendable achievement.. Keep up the good job guys! Peiyu also managed to clinch her first medal with her partner, Melissa... So happy for her but now... I'm the only alumni of the first batch w/o a medal in my belt.... Sigh... I wonder if I will be able to get a medal in my life.... Mental, Fitness... I'm way way behind others....

04.02.10 Ikoi Dinner with MASketters
Rushed down to Miramar Hotel with the MASketters (consisting of Hui Min, Claire and Kenny from the MAS prog) for the much anticipated Sashmi buffet. Their Sashmi was rather fresh but service was kinda slow I feel... Overall, a good dining experience and a great chance to get to know each other better but damage to wallet is around 40 bucks... Worth it? Guess so, haha but I think I still would rather go buffet with Peiyu, Sarah and gang... They sure eat hell lot more and I doubt I will be as embarrassed stuffing myself with food then... Well, we should plan another outing with the MASketters then... At least make it a monthly thing, so that there is something to look forward to after work!!

12.02.10 Early Celebration of Valentine's Day
Rushed down during lunch hunting for flowers and the hello kitty stuff toy that I had my eye on since I saw it the other time... and i must say buying the flowers was one hell of a time to buy... Considering the clash of V.day and CNY, the prices of buying flowers is simply atrocious... The price for 1 sunflower and 1 rose was actually $40... Well, I guess the price was worth it for the smile it brought to her face... Anyway, headed down to the Tavern (at River Valley Road) for dinner. The ambience was good... Ordered goose liver, oysters, pork chop and steak... And mine mine it was damn expensive HAHA the most expensive dinner I had in my life!!! $220 for 2 pax and to think that my steak cost almost half of the bill.... Haha but the food is good lah have to admit it... Anyway, received an Espirit bag from dear... Thanks!!!

14.02.10 - 16.02.10 CNY
CNY just didnt felt like it used to this year... Its way too quiet... I miss the times when there was so much laughter and noise in my grandma's house... The worst thing is no ang baos and no gambling... the only 2 things I look forward to when CNY comes.... Sigh... Yeah I probably sound like a gambling addict... haha maybe I am? Well as long as I know my limits it should be fine, I guess?


Well, I guess thats about all that I had in mind that I wanted to pen down before I get to bed... I only hope to win a position in the upcoming MR500 and the PA Paddle so that I might have a chance at that elusive medal... Pray Pretty Please, I wan that bloody medal!!!!

Posted by Clarence at 8:20 AM